M/s. Yatra was approached via its mobile app for planning a trip to cities of Varanasi, Ayodhya, etc. in the State of Uttar Pradesh to be made in the month of October 2022. M/s Yatra vide an email intimated that the requested holiday query has been assigned to their vendor M/s SK India Tour who will be providing all the tour planning services. Later, a person, who identified himself as Mr. Avinash from M/s S.K. India Tour, Rohtak contacted us via email as well as telephonically. Mr. Avinash shared the requested holiday package (including the revised package based on periodic telephonic/whatsapp discussions) with appellant via multiple emails and whatsapp. Total Payment for the said package was made in advance as instructed by Mr. Avinash of M/s S.K. India tour
The trip was performed on the scheduled dates iand the below mentioned issues were faced by us: -
1. The category of hotels promised by Mr. Avinash in the package provided was 3 Star. However, the category of actual hotels provided was below 3 Star.
2. The payments for hotel booking were collected by Mr. Avinash (of M/s S.K. India Tours) from us in advance but the same were not made to Hotels at Ayodhya and Varansi where the stay of appellant was scheduled. Consequently, we were detained at hotels at Ayodhya and Varanasi and were allowed to walk free only after full payment of Rs.10000/- and Rs. 30,320/- respectively.
3. The payment for logistics was collected by Mr. Avinash (of M/s S.K. India Tours) from us but the same was not made to logistic service provider. The payment of Rs. 40,000/- was made by appellant on behalf of Mr. Avinash (of M/s S.K. India Tours) before conclusion of the journey.
4. Efforts were made to contact Mr. Avinash on his given mobile number but his phone continuously was switched off. Later on after conclusion of journey when his phone was reachable he did never answered various calls made to him on daily basis.
5. Later it was known from the Hotel and Logistics provider that real name of Avinash was Sourabh Lakra
6. The above mentioned incidents were also brought in notice of M/s Yatra via Email and telephonic conversations as well.
7. Efforts were also made to locate him at his office address at Rohtak but no such office was found there.
It is therefore advised that please do not believe and fall into trap of SK India Tours