|4.3||987 Ratings | 788 Reviews|
Royal Rajasthan On Wheels
The Rajasthan Royals on Wheels is a train that marks a rail-cruise of sorts through some of the royal gem cities of India in the west and the north-west.
From Delhi to the former Rajasthani princely states of Jodhpur, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Sawai-madhopur and Jaipur, to Varanasi and Agra (Taj Mahal); this train makes for an incredible journey of discovery and luxury. You stay aboard the train and disembark at every stop for sightseeing, cultural extravaganza and shopping. How cooler can travel in India get?
They say, pleasure is short lived but it gives you memories to cherish forever. Justifiably so, the comfortable and lavish Royal Rajasthan on Wheels is a joy ride that is sure to keep you mesmerized throughout your life.
Taking you through a seven day expedition, the train lets you explore the best of Rajasthan in the most exciting way possible. The charm of the impressive journey starts at New Delhi where it prepares you to knit the fabric of pleasant fancy coming live over your week long journey. Your regal journey starts at Delhi and takes you through various former princely states of Rajasthan like Jodhpur, Chittor, Udaipur, Sawai-madhopur, and Jaipur. Once you have experienced the culturally rich Rajasthan you will be taken to Khajuraho temples for a visit. After Khajuraho the journey takes a divine turn and you reach Varanasi, the holy city of temples and tranquil ghats (banks). The final stopover is the seventh wonder of the world, The Taj Mahal, at Agra.
The entire voyage has already been planned by the tourism experts to give you the real flavour of the royal Rajasthan. The journey completes the circle by taking you back to where you started-Delhi.
Reservations and Tariff
The reservations for travel on Royal Rajasthan On Wheels have to be made in advance and the train occupancy is already near saturation for coming couple of years. You must get your bookings done as soon as you decide your travel dates. Owing to the increasing demand for this dose of luxury, RTDC has introduced online bookings for the same. Those interested in booking their seats can do so via online bookings/RROW or RTDC reservation offices or through reputed travel agents.
If you plan to board Royal Rajasthan On Wheels (Super Deluxe coaches), the tariff ranges from 900$-$1600 per person. The rates vary on the basis of single/double/triple occupancy of rooms.
Facilities Onboard The Royal Rajasthan On Wheels
- At Royal Rajasthan on Wheels, the hospitality is sure to leave you overwhelmed. Your experience at the imperial train will be doubled by the warm reception and the excellent service. The trained aides also known as Khidmatgars will be available round the clock at your service
- The 13 deluxe coaches in the Royal Rajasthan On Wheels have been justly named after the popular palaces of Rajasthan. Namely, Hawa Mahal, Moti Mahal, Sukh Mahal, Chandra Mahal, Surya Mahal, Jal Mahal, Phool Mahal, Jogi Mahal, Kumbha Palace, Umaid Palace, Padmini Mahal, Kishori Mahal, Lalgarh Palace. The Super-Deluxe coach is called Taj Mahal
- Royal Rajasthan on Wheels does not permit smoking inside the train
- The train has Internet facility and Satellite TV on board. It also features a Royal Spa and Wellness centre (Gym) facility on board to keep you rejuvenated throughout the journey
- The windows in the Royal Train are the largest and the widest as compared to any train running on Indian tracks
- The super deluxe saloons have been designed to give you individual temperature control facility. For a relaxed sightseeing experience, Royal Rajasthan on Wheels provides AC buses for the passengers
- The train is outfitted with channel music system and public address system
- Games and books are also available for the travellers. A variety of national dailies and popular magazines are available on board
- Laundry service is available inside the train
- A separate safe is made available in each cabin to safeguard your belongings
- The train has sockets of 110/120 V
- Bar, Restaurants, Lounge, Mail Box, Medical Assistance, Internet, etc. is also available on the wheels
- Luggage pick-up and drop services
- A wide array of continental, Indian and Rajasthani cuisines
- Souvenirs are in the form of handicrafts and handloom are also available for you to purchase
- Adequate safety arrangements so that you make the most of your travel
- Foreign exchange counters are available at hotel counters